Sunday, December 19, 2010

GREETINGS FROM GUATEMALA

Am settled in for the next 8 weeks. Trying not to fall down in the cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks. It's been colder here than usual, but there are more hours of daylight and plenty of sunshine each day. The nylon windbreaker I brought for wearing to and from the airport in Seattle is now a 24/7 garment. I even wear it to bed over my nitegown! Guatemala not only has no central heating, it has no heating at all (except in the fancier hotels).

Fortunately I packed a small space heater down here some years ago and my friend Sarah stores it for me when I'm gone. It's been chugging its little heart out every night. My days are busy with important things like Scrabble with John, and lunch out with other friends.

Hope you all are warm and happy for the new year Love Jean

1 comment:

  1. The writers workshop won't be the same without you. We start up again tomorrow. I haven't touched my novel since November 30th. I guess I need dealines to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete